Creation Nation!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Michaela's BACK!!!
Story for English:  One Giant Leap for Mankind EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 9:43 pm by Michaela

» WOW! 0.0 wow, wow, wow, wow, WOWWW!
Story for English:  One Giant Leap for Mankind EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 5:25 am by *Crys

» Mis-hap Camp
Story for English:  One Giant Leap for Mankind EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 12:02 pm by Taco

» SirCluckzALot hug a pug
Story for English:  One Giant Leap for Mankind EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:24 pm by *Crys

» SirCluckzALot
Story for English:  One Giant Leap for Mankind EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:23 pm by *Crys

» Heeeeeeeeeeyy
Story for English:  One Giant Leap for Mankind EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:23 am by *Crys

» Hollywood Stars Graphics! Come get your next avvie and siggy!
Story for English:  One Giant Leap for Mankind EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:48 pm by valwiehl

» Photography Contest!
Story for English:  One Giant Leap for Mankind EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:29 pm by valwiehl

» Webkinz Next Top Model Contest! <3 <3 <3 Enter for a chance to win an exclusive Webkinz Dragster!
Story for English:  One Giant Leap for Mankind EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:35 pm by valwiehl

Story for English: One Giant Leap for Mankind

2 posters

Go down

Story for English:  One Giant Leap for Mankind Empty Story for English: One Giant Leap for Mankind

Post  valwiehl Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:22 pm

Here is a story I had to write about for english.... It just had to have irony in it and be in a different time or place... or something like that.... here it is.............................................................................................

“Are you sure you want to do this Mr. Roberts? Once you travel to the future there’s no coming back, and there’s no telling what life will be like then.” The workstationer known as TK109 questioned. It was the year 2011 and in the past year or so an outstanding amount of technological advancements had been discovered, the most significant being the ones in time travel and robots. Although time travel had not yet been perfected it was possible to travel up to fifty years into time. Although it was impossible to return or go back in time yet, many humans with robots as their companions had made the leap through time.
“Of course I’m sure TK” Mr. Casey Roberts, just rounding the age of thirty-two, at the peak of his life was one of the humans ready for this time traveling adventure. He signed his signature of consent on the screen of the G53, a device a lot like a touch screen computer.
“I’ve been looking forward to this my whole life, and tell ya the truth TK, I’m getting a little annoyed with everyone questioning me. My family, they don’t mind, so why should you?”
“Sorry Mr. Roberts. I sense irritation in your voice, please, continue with your forms” TK didn’t have emotions, but he had sensors that reacted to the tone of voice when he interacted with humans.
“Nah, its fine TK, how could I get mad at you? You’re my best friend, and that’s why your coming with me.”
“As you wish Mr. Roberts,”
And with that he continued filling out his papers. Casey couldn’t help thinking that TK had a point. What If the world was different, more than he expected. “Nah, I shouldn’t worry about it.” Casey thought to himself, “Besides, were only going four months into the future.” Then the G53 spit out a yellow and green chip that resembled a credit card, containing all the forms and files he had spent the last half hour on. Life had changed so much in such a short time period, two years ago he wouldn’t even dream of TK, of G53’s, of time travel. But it had happened and he had made up his mind. Casey was traveling four months in the future as part of an experiment to help track how quickly society was developing. If so much was learned in one year and if the rate of production and learning continued to grow, imagine what life would be like in four months. A scientist like Mr. Roberts wasn’t going to miss an opportunity like this for anything. He would help out the world, but he was sure some fame and fortune would come with it. This experiment was going to be ground breaking.
It was November, and chilly outside. Casey slipped on his grey coat with built in heaters and was warmed up in no time. TK and Casey slipped silently into his car and they slowly began lifting upwards. Although TK had insisted on driving Casey’s hover car for him, Casey was still thrilled by the mechanics and TK eventually gave up the fight. As soon as they arrived at Casey’s apartment, TK got straight to work packing up a suitcase for Casey. TK didn’t have many of his own belongings for robots didn’t wear clothes, or have feelings like humans. The only possessions he decided to bring for himself was an extra battery pack, charger and a small rock, which proved to be quite portable as he deposited the items into his storage compartment built into his abdomen. Rocks were hard to find in the big city where Casey and TK lived, and this rock was no exception. Their city didn’t have a park, let alone a tree for probably sixty miles, and this rock had been shipped all the way into the city, making it quite valuable. TK finished up Casey’s packing and entered the living room in the small apartment.
My last supper… this year” Casey remarked with a chuckle lifting his sloppily thrown together ham and cheese sandwich and then began eating with a flint of a grin on his face. TK ignored it and threw Casey’s belongings into their car. Casey took the wheel and they were off. They drove to the time traveling services, in a science development building. As they arrived they quickly learned it was called The Institute for New Living. As Casey stepped inside he was instantly awestruck. The ceilings were snow white and as they walked down a long hallway Casey ran his fingers along the walls, completely covered with G53s, emitting a blue trail of lights after them. TK’s metal wheels rolled silently along and then a woman with sleek black hair in a white lab coat peered over at them from a room at the end of the hall, then immediately stood up and smiled, first at Casey, then TK.
“Ahh, we’ve been expecting you. You must be Casey Roberts, and you must be TK109”, the lady was unreadable.
“Follow me please” she went on as they stepped into a shiny metal elevator. Casey handed her the green chip with all his forms and files.
“Time Travel may seem like a totally fantasy to you, but I assure you that it is completely real. You can be injured and even die. You can’t come back to change it, nor may you go ahead in time once you reach your destination. As soon as you arrive, look for The Institute for New Living and check in with us so that in four months we will be able to see that you made it safely, for our records mostly…”
“Of course… Ms…” Casey went on.
“Miss Cameron. And I take it that these are your belongings.”
They stepped out of the elevator and into a dark red room.
“Yes they are” TK109 stated quietly for he saw that Casey was yet again stunned.
“Alright then,” Ms. Cameron continued, “Just wait here, in that black circle there, and in approximately thirty seconds you will find yourself four months into the future. Thanks so much for doing this Mr. Roberts. Have a pleasant trip!” and with that she stepped back inside the elevator. Casey and TK stood in silence for several seconds.
“TK, I can only imagine what lies ahead, it’s actually a little scary…” Casey admitted openly as thoughts rushed through his head.
“But lots of people have made it through, and they have all been fine, no one has gone four months into the future though.” But he would find out soon enough for just then a blinding light filled the once dark red and black room. Casey closed his eyes tight and felt his jaw tighten. He reached out to TK109, his best friend, and held on tightly. Then the light darkened. Blue, purple, and green filled their vision then retreated to a dim flickering. Then it cleared.
Rubble. Piles and piles of it. The sky cleared and Casey looked up in unbelief.
“What’s the date TK?”
“March 20th, 2012.”
No living creature was in sight. Casey looked out on the hills of jagged rock, and only death met his gaze. Hope was in Casey Robert’s heart, but TK109 knew that it didn’t exist. It was the year 2012 and something major had happened between November of last year, 2011 and now. There was no Institute for New Living. No Life. TK reached into his storage compartment and handed the small stone to Casey. He flipped it over in his hands until it was warm. He looked at TK.
“None of this matters anymore.”
And he chucked the rock.

TELL ME WHAT U THINK! =] ik the whole world ending in 2012 is not proved or anything, and im not saying its gunna happen, but just a thought. so , yea, lemmie know if you liked it or if u think its weird or w/e thanks for reading and for ur feedback!
valwiehl
valwiehl

Back to top Go down

Story for English:  One Giant Leap for Mankind Empty Re: Story for English: One Giant Leap for Mankind

Post  Hailey Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:43 pm

haha, this is pretty cool. And yeah, i don't think the world is going to end in 2012 Wink
Hailey
Hailey

https://creationnation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Story for English:  One Giant Leap for Mankind Empty Re: Story for English: One Giant Leap for Mankind

Post  valwiehl Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:33 pm

i dont think its going to either... the myans prly just got bored of sitting there making calenders and just decided to stop at 2012 =]
valwiehl
valwiehl

Back to top Go down

Post  Hailey Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:53 pm

I've heard like 3 diff. theory's of why its going to end Rolling Eyes
Hailey
Hailey

Back to top Go down

Post  valwiehl Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:40 pm

yea... and i dont think their gunna have time travel, hovercars, and robots by 2011...its possible, like their already ideas that ppl are working on, so idk mabey ...
valwiehl
valwiehl

Back to top Go down

Post  Hailey Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:45 pm

ahh, me either. People in like 1950 said that by 200 there would be hover cars and robots that do all your work...lol.
Hailey
Hailey

Back to top Go down

Post  valwiehl Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:48 pm

yea i wish... i would have one do my homework, and give me a massage and make me food, clean my room, the list goes on and on...
valwiehl
valwiehl

Back to top Go down

Post  Hailey Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:13 pm

valwiehl wrote:yea i wish... i would have one do my homework, and give me a massage and make me food, clean my room, the list goes on and on...
oh i know Rolling Eyes lol. and one could be like, unlimited cash machine ^-^ lol
Hailey
Hailey

Back to top Go down

Post  valwiehl Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:12 pm

unlimited cash machine?! good idea! but if everyone had um... then theres just like huge inflation and depression mabey... =/ oops... but if i just had a cash machine, that would rock. i would buy a roller coaster and some more robots.
valwiehl
valwiehl

Back to top Go down

Post  Hailey Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:54 pm

lol, use my cash machine robot to buy more cash machine robots. lol.
Hailey
Hailey

Back to top Go down

Post  valwiehl Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:58 pm

haha good one =]
valwiehl
valwiehl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down